Saturday, October 17, 2009

My First Pair of Hand Knitted Socks

Okay, maybe I'm using the term "pair" a little loosely when referring to these - the first two socks I've knitted - but it's a start.

After all, they seem to fit, and stay up. Never mind, that one has a cuff, and the other doesn't (a complete mystery to me, as I followed the same instructions for both), or that one is slightly longer than the other (no one will be able to see that, when they're worn under jeans anyway).

So, after only two weeks of continual knitting, I am happy to announce, that I'm am crossing one of my life goals off of the list. I have knitted my own socks! Now if I could just master a cartwheel, and figure out how to make a train whistle sound, by blowing into my hands, my life would be just about complete.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i expect socks for my birthday now? i'll take them in purple.

marci

Rachel said...

I love the cozy brown colors! Congratulations, that is so exciting!