Saturday, July 9, 2011

Princess Camp-In

The Man of the House took the older four on a camping trip, this week, while I stayed home with the youngest two.

C, had a sniffle, and I had quite a few chores to catch up on, so it seemed like a good idea. The girls weren't very happy about being left behind. Until they saw their princess tent.



It was so easy, too.

Before they got up in the morning, I tied a piece of twine between two chairs...


...draped a pink sheet over it, weighted down with ladybug counters...


...added a lace tablecloth floor...


...muffins and freshly picked strawberries...


...for a couple of happy campers.



After breakfast, the girls enjoyed a strawberry bubble bath (just a dab of strawberry shampoo in the water).

I moved the tent to the family room, so the girls could play with Polly Pockets in it (don't tell their older sisters), while I pretended to be Cinderella, and cleaned the "castle".

Then after lunch, there was time to do our nails, and pull out the strawberry marshmallows...


...for candle roasted...


...princess s'mores...


...to top off our first, fairy tale princess, camp-in.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I LOVE this! R would love it too; can she come over to play?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Christy - Anytime :)

Ticia said...

Sometimes the simplest things are most effective. I bet they didn't regret not going at all.

Sparklee said...

Very sweet! Even my big kids like to build tents indoors sometimes!

Phyllis said...

That is SO sweet! I only had one girl and she was a tomboy, so I am hoping to do this sort of thing with a girly grandchild!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is so cute - I bet the girls absolutely loved this special "mommy and us" time.

Cindy said...

It would be so fun to live at your house!!!!! :)

Time Lady said...

So cute! Too bad I only have two boys and a tomboy, lol! We'll have to have an adapted boy version. Would be a fun winter activity too when it's too cold to camp.