Friday, October 28, 2011

Candy Corn Alphabet Memory


Keeping the candy corn theme going, I presented the girls (ages 5 and 6) with an alphabet matching challenge. It's a pretty standard game of memory. The only catch was I had to draw and color the candy corn myself, because our printer finally gave up working once and for all. Luckily I had the patterns from the candy corn finger puppets to use as a guide.



Once I had 52 candy corn colored and cut out, I printed the alphabet in lower and upper case, on the backsides of the pieces, for the girls to match up into pairs.


I let them play once with the entire set, and then pulled out the letters I thought C needed more work on, so they could play a few shorter, more focused games with just those letters. It wasn't much of a challenge for E, but she appreciated getting to be the "teacher" for her younger sister.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I thought my printer gave up only to find a button that some little someone dropped in the paper tray.

Christy Killoran said...

Fun! R beats everyone at memory - it's funny!

Ticia said...

That's an impressive amount of coloring.

I'd go nuts if my printer gave out.

Unknown said...

I have had horrible luck with every printer ever. Maybe it's the user. Lol. This is something that my son would really love. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to do this, or a version of this soon, I hope. I'm also going to pin this.. and share it on twitter. My first real tweet! I love your blog. It *is* great to be a homeschooler!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Can't imagine my life without printers either. I say "plural" since we have 2 of them at home. Very nice memory game!

Amber said...

someone is loving the Candy Corn theme! :-)