Thursday, January 22, 2015

Static Sticker, or How Not To Make A Static Flyer


So apparently, if you decide you want to make a Steve Spangler inspired Static Flyer (where a static electrically charged band of plastic bag is repelled by, and seems to float above, a static electrically charged balloon)...


...but decide to charge the band of bag and balloon with your hair, instead of the recommended cotton cloth...


...the bag band will be repelled by the balloon - but attracted to you.


Have I mentioned lately, how great it is to be a homeschooler?

4 comments:

claireshomeeducation said...

Oh my, I love that last photo!! You make being a homeschooler so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I knew that! LOL We charged balloons on our hair about a year ago and used them to repulse a yardstick into spinning into circles. I know there was more to it than that, but I just remember that the electric charge gave off the repulsion and made Firecracker's red hair stand on end :-D (LOL on the last picture!)

Ticia said...

YiYou're being glarecd at.

MaryAnne said...

That last photo is awesome - and I learned something new in this post!